登机 at Bromsgrove is about us: our community. BIST 登机 is home to students and staff from around the world, learning to live with people who are both similar and different to us in numerous ways develops our empathy, interpersonal skills and understanding of others that are all crucial in our journey to become global citizens.
Tudor House and Windsor House are the two buildings that together we call home. One of our favourite aspects of boarding at BIST is that all students are able to use the communal spaces downstairs in both houses, the upstairs areas are segregated by gender with girls living in Tudor House and boys living in Windsor House. 房子是不同的, providing a range of socialising and studying spaces tailored to different age groups and activities. 登机 staff work across both houses and the same core values and structures are shared by all. As in the day school we use the Bromsgrove学习者概要 to support everything we do and encourage students to reflect on their actions and achievements using the different aspects that they all quickly become familiar with.
登机 students are supported by a large number of adults to ensure that they have their needs met on a daily basis. A number of staff live in both houses, some are academic staff who also teach in the day school and others roles are solely in boarding. Teachers from the day school also support students in their 学术发展 Monday to Thursday evening to help with their Extended Learning Opportunities.
During the week and at the weekend we aim to provide students with a range of optional activities for them to get involved in sports and music, 戏剧和烹饪. At the weekend we provide a range of trips and visits that are mostly optional these range from shopping to waterparks and laser tag. Once a term we encourage all students to participate in a community trip in which students are given the chance to give something back to others in Bangkok.
The Houses do close during the holidays, so pupils are expected to return home or stay with guardians. We can support students in arranging transport to the airport if they need us to.
We hope that you and your child (ren) have an enjoyable year with us in 登机 at BIST and we look forward to creating many long lasting memories this year.
Bromsgrove 登机 Vision
As a member of the boarding team at BIST, we aim to:
- Support and extend each child’s academic development through focussed ‘prep’ time
- Offer a range of engaging and exciting enrichment opportunities
- Nurture every child as an individual: taking into consideration their different social and emotional needs
- Ensure that the boarding provision at BIST is outstanding in line with the British 登机 Schools’ Association guidelines and with Bromsgrove Uk
- Continue to provide a warm, loving environment that every child can call home
- Encourage children to lead healthy lifestyles and make well informed decisions about their diet and exercise
- Develop the BIST Learner Profile aspects in each child so that they can become life long learners and global citizens